Steven Universe - Singing Steven Universe - Singing

It's very pretty and easy on the eyes. The only thing is, there's really no animation to be seen. Steven's head is rocking but that's about it. I would have loved even a walk cycle, anything, but as it is, it's a bit too stiff to be really "be" anything yet. However, I'm seeing this is the first animation you've submitted in 2 years. I'm hoping this is just the beginning, and you'll continue to make beautiful cartoons. I love the backgrounds. Can I ask how you made them? All in all, nice work, but there's room for improvement.

ZeTrystan responds:

Actually, I would have sent that animation in the "Art" category if I could, but swf files are not accepted. :(
The backgrounds are based on the ones of the show, so I just tried my best on Photoshop to make something that looked like them. Nothing really complicated here, actually!
Anyway, thanks for your comment! ;)

Bath Time Bath Time

That was pretty good in terms of animation. It reminded me of a mix of Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim (a good combo). What I would recommend is maybe making the audio louder, so it's easier to hear. Also, the ending joke is kinda weak. It was a great setup but the payoff wasn't so great. It's a great cartoon though. Props.

Johnopotamus responds:

Thank you for the review!
I am working on mixing the audio so hopefully it will improve next animation. Same goes with the writing haha.

Ball Ball

This is pretty neat :). I'm digging the smoke animation that comes out of the rocket launcher. The backgrounds a little wierd and doesn't quite fit the animation. Maybe if it wasn't so blurry? Anyway, it's a nice start and I think this style is fun to watch.

Coming Out Simulator Coming Out Simulator

I really liked this! I mean, it wasn't so much a "game" game as it was an interactive movie, but still very touching and obviously personal which it makes it feel more raw. I thought the writing was very clever, while still being heartfelt. I took off half a star because I felt some of the drawings were bland/rough and the poses weren't very clear.

It's Cold in Purgatory It's Cold in Purgatory

Love it. I think your color choices are spot on, and you definitely captured that solemn feeling well. Really nicely done. I can't think of anything bad about this piece.

Carrion responds:

Thank you so much!!

Dreams Dreams

Looks really good! As a smaller picture it works very well. However, when I clicked on it, and saw everything SO up close, you begin to see some of its flaws. I like the idea. However, the boy on top of the whale feels a little out of place. Nice job though.

Nocturnidades responds:

It has many flaws. I started with the whale and the boy and you're right. Once that I finished the piece and added the birds I sais to myself: Is that boy really working the the whole piece? But eh, I couldn't rid of him because it was the principal inspiration. Thanks for the feedback :D

Sea Bastard Sea Bastard

I like everything about this. I read the fish's voice as if he was screaming everything, and it just made me laugh so hard. The art is good, it's funny, all I really need. Nice job.